my new year ambitions + surprise giveaway
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
1. Take more bathes. Hold up, hold up. This doesn't mean I don't wash myself regularly! I take a shower every day. But I never ever take a bath. It seems grimy to me. And although I still can't shake that thought, I also can't resist this aromatherapy bath gel a friend gave me for Christmas that makes me feel all Marilyn Monroe-esque when I dip in the bubbles. Sexy and soothing in one bundle? yes, this mama will take it!
2. Leave Evelyn with a babysitter. Still unsure about that one. My heart is weak when it comes to this and I don't know why. She always goes down at 7pm and 99% of the time stays down but I'm afraid there will be some freak time where she wakes up screaming with the sitter, she cries and cries all the while I'm tucked away in a movie theatre, I see my phone ring and it's our babysitter, I tell Jared I want to leave immediately, he might get a bit flustered, there will be terrible traffic on the way home, I'll cry, our once nice sitter will be at the end of her whits when we get home and we'll never leave the home again. I have a psycho brain.
3. Wear lipstick. First off, I am no make-up person. I don't own foundation. Anything beyond blush, mascara and eyeliner are beyond me. I buy NYC, Wet'nWild and if i'm feeling like a superstar maybe Almay. It's not that I wouldn't like to doll myself up more but I'm too thrifty to indulge myself in that department. Also, I'm 25 - shouldn't I know how to do makeup already? Confession - I don't. So it's my goal to go to Sephora and get did up and buy one thing. And I want that thing to be lipstick. I don't think red is my thing so maybe a darker maroon.
4. Stop nailbiting. Uh, this was totally on my list for last year and I did it!.... for about 3 months. This is such an ugly habit and I shouldn't be a quarter-of-a-century-old-mom and still doing it. Gotta kick it.
5. Grow my etsy shop, I think. I'm on the fence with this to be honest. While I like what's in my shop, there's this insurmountable pressure inside of me that makes me hesitant about spreading it's news. I feel like when someone pays for something that I made it has to be prestine, top quality. And while I try my best to make it look immaculate, the truth is that sometimes you will see the glue and threads might show. So I'm afraid of my working appearing as, well, shoddy, when in fact I worked hours on it.
But I think I still like doing it when it is all said and done. That's why I graced my shop with the presence of something new yesterday. Remember that doll I made for Evelyn for Christmas? Well, here's a New Year surprise. This week you could WIN one over HERE! Make sure to visit Bridget, she's a doll herself. You'll love her! Good luck!