she hasn't given me peas all day yet!


Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I gave Evelyn peas whole for the first time last night.
"Um, excuse me, Mom, but I don't like these."
What she should have said was:
"Hey, i've been turned in to a cow. Can i go home?"***
And she would have been excused.
While in the beginning she thought she would rather not have them and repeatedly threw them overboard, I think more ended up in her mouth than on the floor so I'll call that a success.

Whenever I think of peas, I automatically think of THIS hiliarious video. Have you heard of Kid History? My friend Katie introduced it to me and I think it is the most wonderful thing. 
"Then why is it dross? This is so dross!"
Watch and you'll see what I mean.


*** My sister thought this deserved clarification. I am not calling my daughter a cow, just merely quoting one of the greatest movies of all time, "The Emperor's New Groove" :)

10 comments:

  1. Peas have never become a favorite at our house either. But they at least tolerate them now. I have a video of Lydia (about 9 or 10 mo I guess) spitting Kix across the room. She got some serious air on those things! FUN to have littles. They're wonderful entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek her little face is just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that last picture of her with her face all scrunched up.

    we aren't onto solids yet here. i'll report back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I may have been the only person to get the Emperor's quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my...she's precious! Hey, if more make it into the tummy than end up on the floor...that's a definite success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a hilarious movie. I was laughing so hard that I was crying- my kids thought that was pretty weird.

    On a side note, I nominate Clark to star as one of those kid voices. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the "i don't like peas" face :) she is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww what a cutie!! Its always fun trying out new foods :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You daughter is SO cute! And so is your little family! Mad props to your baby for eating peas - my mom can't even get me to eat them and I'm 20 ;) New follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, that is so funny! Isnt that video great. I love that the mom sings everything.

    ReplyDelete