we escaped.


Wednesday, May 29, 2013


We escaped the city on Monday, and found ourselves nestled in the historic Shenandoah village of Harpers Ferry. It knocked. my. socks. off. The scenery this place had to offer was incredible! I felt like we had paid billions of dollars to travel to this resorted town where probably "The Bachelor" would go on one of the travel weeks that would leave everyone watching writhing in envy. It was that type of picturesque :) Harpers Ferry predates the American Revolution, and that is always a goosebumper for me when I get to walk such timeworn streets. And better yet for Evelyn (and Dad), the Potomac River conveniently satisfied her need to bombard water with the shelling of massive rocks.

10 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE Harper's Ferry. We've had many a good adventure there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright I want to move here. This place looks like a little piece of magic. I love the looks of it and your sweet family of course :). Take care,

    Shauna xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love Harpers Ferry. You are really making me crave it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is on my list of things to do this summer. We live pretty close, yet we hardly venture out that way (kinda like D.C.). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!! I swear you take some of the most amazing pictures!! I need lessons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so incredible! What a picturesque little land! You guys look like you had the happiest time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun escape, beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so picturesque, looks like a gorgeous day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is gorgeous there!
    Love the pictures and it looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete