Evelyn, lately


Thursday, May 9, 2013

Today I handed Evelyn a cup of water and without me prompting she said "pank (thank) you, mama." I was so impressed! I bent down and told her how much I loved her for using good manners.

****

Last night Evelyn was talking to herself a bit in her crib, so I went in to give her one last squeeze and bedtime song before she conked out. As I reached back to shut the door, she called out "wuv ew, mama." My heart skipped.

****

As she was on the potty, she looked up at me with a strained face and said "uhh! it no working!"And I busted up laughing.

****

Lately Evelyn has developed a fear of the lawnmower. She woke up from her nap crying one afternoon because the noise was scoowah (scary). I explained to her that while lawnmowers were loud and that could be frightening, they weren't for Evelyn but they are for cutting grass. So now everytime we hear a lawnmower or leafblower, she explains to me "No scoowah, lawntutor. Lawntutor, it cut da gwass!" 

****

The phrase most commonly said right now: "Lightning McQueen, cars go fast, McQueen sticks out his tongue." She is crushing hard on Lightning. Princess movies aren't our thing over here. We watched Tangled for the horsie, not for the beautiful Rapunzel or handsome Flynn Rider.

****

My favorite Evelyn thing right now is our duet, singing "skinnamarink."

9 comments:

  1. Very sweet! You two are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! She's so stinkin' precious! I can't wait until Elyse and I can do duets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cutest ever! My mom sings that song to Henry all the time and he just smiles and smiles. :) Can't wait till he starts singing it himself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such great little stories :)
    and that video! I can't handle it!!
    she is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is so cute! i love these little stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT VIDEO. i'm babe hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, absolutely ADORABLE!!!! Are little people (kiddos) SOOO much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kendra, she is a precious doll and the way she pronunciates her words reminds just of Summer. They are exactly the same age. I looked a lot more like your daughter though as a little toddler, not as much hair. My daughters look so old to me because they have all of this hair!!! Not from me? :) Take care my friend,

    Shauna xo

    ReplyDelete