Recipe for Divinity, a.k.a Sherbert Cake
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Ingredients for cake:
2 tubs sherbert
1 box macaroons
some melted butter
Ingredients for glaze:
2 tbsp hot water or milk
1/4 tsp lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar
*** The increments listed are for a full cake round. When I made this for Easter, I halved the recipe since I knew it would just be Jared and I eating it and formed the cake in a ziploc container so I could easily flip it over and squeeze it out. It worked just as well, but for bigger crowds, do the whole springform pan***
1. Take sherbert out of freezer and let soften about 5 min
2. Meanwhile, crush macaroons until coarsely chopped.
3. Add melted butter to macaroons until they "hold" together. Maybe 4 tbsp? I dont know. Just until it holds.
4. Place 1/3 macaroons on the bottom of pan. Layer with sherbert > macaroons > sherbert > macaroons
5. Let it settle in freezer for atleast 2 hours +
6. Make glaze by stiring water and lemon juice into the sugar a few drops at a time.
7. Cut cake and drizzle glaze over each slice and enjoy heaven!