Sauteed Chicken in Mustard Cream Sauce
Prep: 20 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh)
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; saute until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a plate; keep warm.
- Pour chicken broth into hot skillet; cook, stirring, until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Whisk in cream, mustard, and tarragon. Cook, whisking, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Pour any accumulated chicken juices into sauce. Right before serving, drizzle cream sauce over chicken.
I served it along side baked green beans. YES, baked GREEN beans. It's rather good, and leaves the fresh green beans with a grilled taste. I tossed the beans lightly in 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and salt, added some crimini mushrooms [JO liked that] and baked for 20 min on 400.