Funny Friday - Ellen Edition + Thank you!!


Friday, March 2, 2012

TGIF! First off, thank you all for your sweet love and excitement for our growing fam! I am so glad the news is finally out there! I have been so fortunate with both pregnancies to not experience morning sickness, but I get severely nauseous at night. Before getting pregnant, nighttime would be my blogger time where I would sit down and reply back to your wonderful comments, catch up on my blog reading and what not. Now I eat about 3 bowls of cottage cheese between 7-9:30 and try not to heave. Beautiful. I know. Anyway, I wanted to say sorry if I've been slow on returning comments, but I did have a few of you ask about how I made the scratch off card. It's SO simple and I am happy to share :)
1. I made the card in photoshop
2. Printed at kinkos on cardstock
3. Took clear packaging tape and cut to measure the dimension of the inside photo and laid down
4. Mixed equal parts of acrylic paint with dish soap, painted over tape {it will be splotchy}, let dry and did a second coat. Easy Peasy!

Now, on to Funny Friday. It's the first of the month, so you know that means an Ellen Edition, right? Well, I don't know who I love more - Ellen or Jen. Both are pretty superb. I don't think I would ever want to be on Ellen's show if I were a celebrity because of all the embarassing things she makes them do. Like Jen's dog leg kick when she's getting her back scratched.

Happy Friday :)

11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing how to do that! Kendra, you are amazing! And lucky you....no morning sickness. How is Evelyn reacting to all of it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! This is so exciting! I hope you start to not get sick anymore sometime soon!

    Also, Ellen = greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray, hooray, hooray! I don't know how I missed the last post, but HOORAY!

    All the more reason for you to be sentimental about being away from family recently! But you are right, thank goodness for skype.

    Literally, falling out of my chair with excitement for you and your family. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for babies! Congrats! Dairy is my life support while prego. Build those bones!

    Ellen is amazing. I have no words for how much I love her.

    ♥Abbey
    Along Abbey Road

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously love Ellen! I just spent about 20 minutes watching a bunch of videos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Ellen and Jen :) I saw this yesterday, too funny!

    Congrats on your pregnancy! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched like an hour's worth of Ellen YouTube video yesterday. Sophia Grace and Rosie, Bieber Fever... I die.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!!! So excited. can't wait to hear your journey!
    Also, um love Ellen. I love it when Ellen makes Beckham goes undercover and say ridiculous and embarassing things to strangers in different situations. hilarity.
    ~ Eunice
    http://www.whatsyourtalenightingale.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ellen is hysterical! I bet Jen made that guys day ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, boo. i just asked how to make the card about 3 minutes ago on the other post without reading this one, thank you! btw, I watched ellen that day, and try to everyday and i agree, id never want to be on ellen if i was a celeb.

    ReplyDelete