on the day of love


Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentines Day morning started off rather grand in our house. Jared got up early and made us all pink pancakes with pink milk to accompany. For some reason when things are colored, it makes them better, no? So festive. The kids and I filled the rest of our day painting valentines for Dad, jumping on the couch and making pillow forts, hanging out in bed because its always fun to be in the crib when you're playing not sleeping, opening up g & g's love package complete with sock-o-wet {chocolate} and bubbles, and Evelyn proudly handing Dad her precious finger painting! Both kids were utter gems the whole day, which was the best gift of love EVER!

Jared did fab this year with gifts. They were small and simple, yet meaningful. Gift #1 - earplugs. Yes! Warner has reverted to newborn status during the night and has been waking up every 3 hours. Our solution is to let him cry it out, but that can sometimes result in 45min of crying 3 times a night. So yes, earplugs were a golden gift this year. Gift #2 - kisstixx. Do you watch sharktank? We occassionally do. One episode these guys were trying to sell their new revolutionary idea of chapstick where a guy and a girl put on these different flavors and when they combine during makeout it's supposed create this awesome mixture. So Jared presented me with "raspberry lemonade" last night. Things got a little tangy :) V-day was the bombdiggity. Man, I am one lucky lady to have had 3 lovely valentines!

Oh, and eshakti giveaway winner announced here!

16 comments:

  1. love your pictures! your kiddos are so precious!

    we watch Shark Tank but I've never seen kisstixx...might have to check into that! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice Valentine's Day! I actually went to high school with one of the creators of Kisstixx! Did it actually work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I am with you on the sleeping thing. Maybe I need to invest in some earplugs... my girl has done the same exact thing. All of a sudden she can't sleep anymore and is up every 2-3 hours! It has seriously be rough and I hate the crying for what seems like ever at night! It kills me. But I know it is a good solution and what my girl needs. Oh the dilemmas of sleeping children... goodness... and kisstixx! I remember those. I didn't know they were available to buy though... I might be ordering some of those tonight! That is all, I wrote you a novel. Sorry. But I'm glad you had a fabulous Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good one! We are struggling with the same sleeping issues, except my baby is 6 months old now! I close both doors but can still hear him screaming through the walls. Heaven help me, earplugs would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm laughing so hard right now because my husband is an avid watcher of Shartank and was obviously intrigued by the Kissstixx episode because he bought us the Fire & Ice combo for our anniversary last month. I thought it was the cheesiest thing ever but I'm glad to know that my hubs isn't the only one who was sold on the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Cute Cute!!!!! Happy Valentines Day, sounds like a perfect day. Glad the kiddos were such gems for you!!! I laughed at the Ear Plug gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally remember the kisstixx episode! I wonder where he bought them. :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such adorable photos! :)

    Aaaand, now I'm craving smashburger!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so fantastic! Your little ones are just adorable, especially how proud E looks of her painting! I've never been to Smash, but it looks delicious!

    Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two things: Warner is looking like such a big boy! and Smashburger rocks! I love their sweet potato fries! Now I am craving some!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your babes are too cute!!

    That chapstick is amazing, what a fun concept!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes babies just need their Mamas, I could never let my little guy cry it out, so sad. Holding him was much easier. As he got older he started sleeping through the night. No crying necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a sweet day. and now i want a burger.

    ReplyDelete