Hi, My name is Kendra, and I'm a nail biter.


Friday, January 14, 2011

A couple of weeks ago, I was looking at my friend Natalie's nails and admiring how beautiful they were in comparison to my unflattering ones. I've been a nail biter my whole life. When I asked her how she kept them so, she said she realized one day that she didn't want to be an old woman who never was able to kick a habit. True dat. I don't want to be caught dead at 50 having spent half a century succumbing to every urge to tear at my disgusting nails. What, I let my nails control me? So I'll have you know that I have been clean from nail biting for 3 weeks now. And it feels good. I even had to take the clippers to them last night because they were getting so long and unshapely. Jared is a fan too, seeing that he has been the recipient of many back scratches with my newly found claws. I thought you all would want to revel in my triumph with me.

4 comments:

  1. I am a habitual nail biter as well but you just gave me the courage to kick the habit. Starting right now. I will report back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nail biter no more! Hooray! I am glad that I could help someone on the path to Nile Biting Recovery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh..I need to kick that habit, too. maybe...soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly never noticed, but good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete