Is it tacky to post Easter pics a month late?


Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Better late than never, right? Quickly, we had a great time over Easter with both of our families. While it can be really tough sometimes to juggle activities with both grandparents around holidays, it really is double the fun. 

But mostly I want to focus on that last picture there of Evelyn. When did she get so big? And that smile she's putting on there? That's not her usual smile. The first one in this stack of photos is her typical one, but this last one is different. She looks IDENTICAL to her dad when he was little. They have the same eyes and cheeks. She even looks like she has Jared's barrel chest her, which she certainly does not, Miss Petite! It just always strikes me when I see such a resemblance between her and Jared because it reminds me that she is made part of each of us. Literally. She is half me and half Jared. That is mind blowing! I've said it once, and I'll say it again, but I love creating people. The coolest job.

6 comments:

  1. absolutely not tacky...especially when your kiddos are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And in that first photo, she looks exactly like YOU. Genetics are crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to say thank you for sharing bits and pieces of you family with us. I've been a follower since before W was born and seeing miss Evelyn grow and your family expand and even your faith be tested is something really special, even if it's via internet and we don't know each other. I've always thought she was his little twin :) Congrats on creating another person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! And aww Peter Rabbit. Those were the days.

    ReplyDelete